Set a solid foundation for a healthy gaming environment that can be enjoyed
Netmarble’s goal is to create a culture where everyone can freely play and enjoy games regardless of physical and social attributes.
In order to achieve this goal, Netmarble has planned and carried out many activities such as Game Experience Centers, National e Feastival
Competitions for Students with Disabilities.
- Provide opportunities for students with disabilities to experience leisure activities such as gaming.
- Set up areas within schools with students with disabilities and donate equipment and devices so students can fully experience games.
- Since 2008, Netmarble has set up a total of 30 experience centers.
- Help students improve learning abilities and stamina through games that require thinking and physical activity.
National e Festival Competitions for Students with Disabilities
- Host National e Feastival competitions for students with disabilities, teachers, and other students from all over Korea.
- Netmarble has collaborated with the Korea Institute for Special Education and the Korea Creative Content Agency to host the eSports competitions since 2009.
- Allows everyone to participate in a friendly competition through the gaming medium.
- Boosts the self-esteem of the students, while establishing a sense of accomplishment.
- Help young students and their parents understand the positive aspects of gaming in order to lead a healthier, more balanced lifestyle.
- Educational activities that provide insight into the video game industry and its various characteristics.
- Provide parental guidance on how to communicate with their children about the impact of video games, and guidelines on how to enjoy games in a well-balanced manner.
Demonstrate the gaming industry’s value by providing opportunities to fully experience the industry.
Netmarble has developed and is currently running programs such as the Game Academy and field trip programs so that youths can gain insight about the gaming industry and have the opportunity to gain experience as well.
- Offer hands-on training workshops for middle & high school students who are interested in the gaming industry.
- Explore the art of making video games with a deeper understanding of the development process through direct training.
- Hold an exhibition to showcase students' achievement after training completion.
- This field trip program to Netmarble HQ targets high school and college students who are interested in the gaming industry. (Offered once a month.)
- Deepens and improves the participants’ understanding of the gaming industry by receiving professional mentoring from Netmarble employees and getting to observe them at work.
- Plan field trips for the children of employees during summer and winter vacation.
Giving and sharing in the community
Create opportunities for all affiliated parties, from players of Netmarble games to Netmarble employees, to participate in volunteer services, charities, etc. as part of Netmarble’s CSR activities to encourage a fun and giving culture.
- Publish a storybook to break barriers and misconceptions against people with disabilities.
- Distribute the storybook to elementary students nationwide in Korea.
- Starting in 2016, Netmarble will also publish a braille storybook to promote awareness.
Opportunities for Volunteer & Charity Work
- Run various charity events such as sponsoring Chagu Chagu Soccer Uniforms, donating Monster Taming Firefighting Gloves, etc. and opening up these events for Netmarble gamers to join in.
- Create opportunities for employees to volunteer, and for employees to participate in charity drives.